Patient Rights & Responsibilities
As a patient of the International Hospital of Bahrain you have certain Rights, and Responsibilities:
Acccess to Care
– To timely access to appropriate & high quality health care.
– To be informed of alternative care options if a service is not available at the IHB.
– To assist you to obtain a second opinion, if you choose to do so.
Respect and Dignity
– To have your privacy and dignity maintained at all times.
– To receive safe, considerate care that recognizes your personal values and respects your cultural, religious and ethical beliefs.
– To have information about you and your care kept completely confidential.
– To receive the best care and treatment we can offer.
– To safeguard your personal belongings while you are a patient
– To be cared for in an environment that is safe, clean and conducive to healing.
– To have a timely response to your pain, with the intention of making you as comfortable as possible.
Communication, Education & Information
– In words you can understand, to be provided with information about your condition, treatment plan, and treatment choices.
– To know who is in charge of your care, and to know the identity of your caregivers.
– To understand what care you will need after discharge.
-To receive the information you need to allow you to make informed decisions for consent or refusal of treatment, to the extent allowed by law. Such information should include complications, risks, benefits, and outcomes.
– To receive information about the IHB´s policies for initiation, review, and resolution of patient complaints.
– To receive information about the cost of treatment and services needed.
As a partner to our Healthcare Team, we request that you:
– Provide accurate and complete information regarding your illness, past medical history, and other matters relating to your health.
– Bring your current medications with you to each visit so that they may be reviewed by your health care provider as required.
– Follow treatment instructions, as advised, and to ask questions if you do not understand the information you have been given.
– Report any changes in your medical condition, including problems with your current treatment.
– Abide by IHB policies regarding Patient Conduct, NO SMOKING policy and visitor policy.
– Treat other patients, visitors, and IHB staff with courtesy and respect.
– Pay any charges billed to you in a timely manner.
– Be on time for your appointment. If necessary, reschedule or cancel appointments in advance so that this valuable time may be given to another patient when possible.